Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Stuff'n'Junk

Stuff I thought of when I probably should have been thinking about other stuff.

-- If Scott Cochrane wants to hold his yearly UI student drinking binge and vomit-a-thon, make him pay for it. Pay for extra police, pay for street cleaning, pay to restore the damaged and destroyed city and university property and pay for all the extra emergency room visits by OD'd students. Oh, and pay the families of the dead students as well. For once, I have to agree with Mayor Jerry. Cochrane has no business serving on the city's Liquor Advisory Commission when he has no intention of following city liquor ordinances. He invented a 'holiday' in order to make more money. He never stopped to consider the cost. Binge responsibly indeed.

-- I believe I said a week or so ago that no No. 1 seed would win the NCAA tournament. I was right. But I also said I thought UI's No. 4 seed was too low. Looks like I was wrong. Anyone in America got an intact Final Four bracket?

-- Blago's campaign ads are already hitting the airwaves. His campaign's already taking shots at Topinka. The Topinka campaign's already reeling. Hang on, it's gonna be a bumpy ride to November.

-- If that's not the start of a civil war in Iraq, just what is it? There are like 40 deaths per day with one sect attacking another on a daily (hourly?) basis. OK, so it's a religious war, not a civil war. Hard to tell the difference. And our president says things are going well. Sure.

-- Champaign-Urbana's gonna miss John Lee Johnson. You may not have always agreed with his positions, but you never could argue with his passion. Or his sincerity. He may have cared more for our community than anyone else who's ever lived here.

And so it goes.

No comments: