Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Hmmmmm

GOT GAS? Driving to work this morning I saw one of my regular stations changing the sign to $2.76.9 for regular. $2.76.9? Are you serious? You don't suppose this is what the W-imbecile really meant when he said 'But I also think it's important for me to go on with my life.' Ain't the oil bidness great?

9 TO 5 Ever drive by a road crew doing street repairs? How many times have you seen one person working and three watching? I know they all work hard and I do appreciate how well they maintain our streets. But it is curious.

A TREE FALLS IN C-U I know Champaign needs a new library. I know the new library is gonna need a new, bigger parking lot. I know they must build a new lot before taking over the old lot to build the new building. I accept this. But it still is hard to see those beautiful trees falling along Green Street.

HE'S BACK Good to see ILPundit return. The blog was missed. At the same time, the Ol' Guy 's sorry to see Champaign Common Sense throw in the towel. Guess common sense isn't in as much demand in the blogosphere as some thought. He'll be missed.

And so it goes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

- As a 45 minute (one way) commuter five days a week, I can tell you that the price of gas is painful. Just. Painful.

- I've noticed the same thing about road crews, but as the son and nephew of a family of constructions workers, I can say without question that they all work very hard.

- Grrr. Those trees laying splintered and cut-up on the ground in back of the library makes me depressed. They were so nice and tall and mature. I hope, when the library construction is done, the city plants trees that will one day mature into tall shaders, and not 15' decoratives, as seems to be the style these days.

- ILPundit's blog is a welcome return to the Illinois blogosphere, for sure.

Anonymous said...

Thanks.

I just got tired of polarized ranting and raving, nobody listening to anyone else, not even to disagree without being disagreeable. And the name calling!
Most would get punched in the mouth for what is said.

It's more fun to post comments anyway.
Especailly as one of those anons.

CCS

Ol' Guy said...

It is tempting to be an anon;. You're right, things sure get both petty and nasty at times in the blogosphere. There's way too much 'I'm right and you're stupid.'