Saturday, July 15, 2006

Call me a prude but ...

I enjoy a well-turned ankle as much as the next guy, but....

Then again, maybe I am a prude. Maybe it's just a sign that I'm getting older (a LOT older).

But am I the only one who is bothered by having 13-, 14-, 15- and 16-year-old high school girls in swim suits or tight short shorts and belly shirts (or whatever they call those cutoff things) standing on street corners waving signs for charity car washes?

Is that what schools are teaching our daughters? That the way to get what they want is to use their bodies, their sexuality? At age 14?

Where are their parents? What are they thinking?

It bothers me. It's the wrong message.

And it doesn't make me want to get my car washed at their event.

And so it goes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think much the same thing whenever I see one of those car washes, ol' guy. It's good to know I'm not the alone one.

Then again, I don't seem to mind it when it's the guys standing on the corner, without a shirt, waving people to come to their car wash, so, um, yeah...

Anonymous said...

I think it's a bid tawdry

Anonymous said...

... but man is my old Dodge clean.

Ol' Guy said...

Guess that's why it bothers me...