Thursday, May 12, 2005

Hang up ... and drive

OhMyGawd I don't believe it I just heard it can't be true did you hear it how can they do it it must be illegal I just got a text message from Sherry about it and she'd heard it too did you hear it I just don't know how I can drive without it can you jeez OhMyGawd they can't make us hang up our phones can they can they really are you sure what will I do with my other hand OhMyGawd how will we driive I gotta call Jennifer and Morgan and Missy and Liz and Donna and Debbie and Julie and Aubrie and Sally and Wendy and see if we can do anything what can we do they can't they just cant OHMYGAWD!!!

I just heard it, too. The city of Chicago actually passed an ordinance stating that drivers in the Windy City who are caught talking on cell phones without a hands-free device face fines of $50 to $200. The ordinance goes into effect July 8. http://www.chicagotribune.com/technology/chi-0505120220may12,1,484955.
story?coll=chi-news-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true

How great!

Now, if we can get the folks down here in C-U to do the same thing! It's almost taking your life in your own hands driving across town, especially just before school starts and just after it lets out..

It's about damn time.

And so it goes.

No comments: