Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I'm Free!

I believe in freedom of religion.

It's in the Constitution, right?

So as an American, I believe.

JUST NOT FOR ANYONE WHO BELIEVES DIFFERENTLY THAN I DO!

Got that?

If they had proposed a new Presbyterian church two blocks from Ground Zero, do you think there would have been a conservative uproar?

Of course not.

They believe the same things I do.

But not a mosque. They're not American, are they? They shouldn't get freedom or religion.

Just my religion, right?

Hint: The first Europeans came to the New World in order to practice THEIR religion they way THEY wanted to. Because the government in the Old World said you have to worship the way WE say.

What, exactly, is the difference?

The Muslims own the property. They are allowed to build what they want on their property, right? Or do property rights only apply to good, Christian Americans?

Think about it, folks.

Does the Constitution apply to all Americans.

Or just the ones YOU approve of?

And so it goes.

2 comments:

Holly Diane said...

It's so refreshing to read your blog...:)

Ol' Guy said...

Thanks. I mostly do it to preserve my sanity since being a liberal in Florida is a rare and endangered species. And I hate standing on street corners shouting.