Friday, July 30, 2010

Gov't 101

Two letters to the editor in today's Naples Daily News almost had my chin dropping into my morning Cheerios.


To quote:
Reprehensible, that’s what it is. Why do we allow a handful of individuals functioning under the guise as county commissioners to act on the behalf of 300,000 citizens of Collier County?

And 
The vote by the Collier County commissioners to bring Jackson Laboratory to our county equates to taxation without representation.
Folks, it's called representative government.
That's the way it's supposed to work.
We allow a handful of individuals functioning... for us, a handful of individuals we have hired, to to act on our behalf,


Representative government.


I guess it's only representative when my representatives act EXACTLY how I demand they act.
Otherwise, it's taxation without representation.
Figure it out, folks.
Would you have written the same letter if the decision had been different?
Of course not!


REP- RE-SENT-A-TIVE GOV-ERN-MENT.
Look it up.
Then shut up.


And so it goes.

1 comment:

Holly Diane said...

Cracking up...I love your blog. What is the old saying...you can't fix stupid.

I read these things and wonder if they even have a clue sometimes ..seriously.