Monday, February 11, 2008

Just send money

Just got back from my weekly excursion to the grocery store. And I have one thing to say:
PLEASE, IS SEASON OVER SOON?
The antics of our seasonal guests never cease to amaze me. It is, after all about them.

ALL about them.

A gentleman stocking cereal was interrupted so he could help a well-dressed woman find a particular brand of cereal - that was right in front of her at eye level. And once she was handed the cereal and directed to her next shopping list item (can't look, gotta be waited on, after all) she proceeded to interrogate the stocker to make sure that the store continue to stock that item. (Which they have, the clerk said, for years...)

Another shopper grabbed onto a stocker and proceeded to have him guide her throughout the store to find all her items. Didn't know Publix had personal shoppers.

As I left the store (I did my own shopping, thank you) I was nearly run down by a Mercedes with a New York plate who decided those stop signs and painted crosswalks in front of the store couldn't possible be for him.

And finally, as I approached my vehicle, another woman (Ontario plate) finished loading her Lexus and left her cart directly behind my vehicle.

Yes, I know, our seasonal guests are a big boost to our economy. It's their money and presence that helps make our lifestyle so enjoyable.

But their attitude (it's all about ME) is really beginning to wear thin.

And this doesn't even begin to take into account the driving habits of our 'guests.' More on that later. I'm keeping a list.

Please, visitors, when you move south for the winter, bring your manners and a bit of common courtesy along. Please.

Better yet, stay home.

Just send the money.

And so it goes.

No comments: