Friday, January 25, 2008

He said it

I was forced to listen to most of Thursday night's Republican debate. (I work with a few Republicans who can't get enough candidate worship and live on perceived positions and exaggerated beliefs projected on their favorite - this week - candidate).


Most of the debate was pure bullcrap, which is the case with just about every debate this campaign season.

But late in the program, there was this question and answer:
Russert: But why not tell the voters of Florida and across the country how much of your own wealth you're spending, so they can make a judgment and factor that into their own decision?

Romney: Well, I'm not concerned about the voters. I'm much more concerned about the other guys on this stage.
Let's repeat that for emphasis:

Romney: Well, I'm not concerned about the voters.
I don't think he can say it any plainer than that.

Then why should the voters care about Mitt?

And so it goes.

No comments: