Thursday, June 29, 2006

Refresh my memory

Just wondering....

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong (and there's a good chance here...)

But a few years back didn't the Supreme Court declare the line item veto unconstitutional? At least it was when it was going to be in the hands of Bill Clinton. If I recall, it was one of the big items in Newt's Contract On America.

Then why, pray tell, is Congress (and the Wimbecile in the White House) again contemplating such a measure? I believe a version of the bill's already passed the GOP-controlled House. Perhaps it's a more appealing prospect when it's potentially in the hands of a GOP president. One who's already made a few politically-motivated and questionable appointments to the Supreme Court.

If it's unconstitutional in 1998, isn't it unconstitutional in 2006?

Then what's the point?

Just wondering ....

And so it goes.

No comments: